About RAPTOR Inc.:
RAPTOR Inc. is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization dedicated to the conservation of birds of prey via rehabilitation, education, research and community service. We hold the proper state and federal permits that allow us to rehabilitate over 300 birds of prey annually responding to more than 25 counties in south western Ohio and Northern Kentucky for assistance. We deliver over 350 educational presentations each year at schools, libraries, senior centers, and other community events. We strive to cultivate respect for nature, inspire conservation action in our community, and protect raptor habitat.
RAPTOR Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a drug-free workplace.
About this Position:
RAPTOR Inc. is seeking a creative, enthusiastic, hardworking person with a strong interest in bird of prey conservation. This person will be responsible for general office duties, answering the phone and greeting guests while taking information and directing them appropriately. This individual must be computer-savvy to provide general computer duties. This individual will provide developmental support as RAPTOR Inc. executes a capital campaign.
JOB TYPE: Part-Time, 20 hours a week. Preferably Monday – Friday 10 AM – 2 PM
COMPENSATION: $15 per hour
APPLICATION DEADLINE: November 17, 2023. Interviews will be scheduled as qualified applications arrive.
REQUIREMENTS: Must be a licensed driver.
- Administrative duties such as filing, scanning, copying ad mailing.
- Answering incoming phone calls and directing them appropriately.
- Greeting visitors and preparing documentation.
- Scheduling between multiple people.
- Using software to make mailing labels and mailing communications.
- Assisting with membership benefits and sponsorship packets as needed.
- Assisting with annual appeals and membership drives.
- Assisting with event and fundraiser planning and execution.
- Willing to run errands within the community.
- Maintaining and updating the donor database with the ability to prepare reports for management review as well as the ability to learn and adapt to and create new processes.
- Maintaining and developing volunteer, member and donor communications.
- Assist the Executive Director in areas necessary to meet the goals and objectives of RAPTOR Inc.
The ideal candidate should possess:
- A bachelor’s degree, (English, marketing, communications) with 2-3 years of experience.
- Ability to perform to high standards with excellent organizational skills.
- Needs excellent writing, editing, and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively with staff, volunteers, and general public.
- Ability to follow procedures precisely.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and manage time appropriately.
- Ability to maintain accurate records of information and data.
- Command of Microsoft office and other standard computer software applications.
- Ability to learn new database processes.
- Requires a flexible schedule to attend special events fundraising initiatives and meetings that sometimes occur outside of business hours or on weekends.
- Prefers experience with donor management software.
- Confidentiality agreement must be signed.
Qualified candidates are requested to send cover letter, resume, and two professional references before the application deadline to firstname.lastname@example.org .