RAPTOR Inc. is Responding to the COVID-19 Pandemic
To prevent the spread of COVID-19 and to protect our members, visitors, volunteers, and staff, RAPTOR Inc. is taking the following preventative actions through Monday, April 6:
- The Raptor Center is open with minimal staffing to accept injured/ill birds for treatment and to care for the birds residing at the facility. Call ahead for instructions before dropping off an injured bird at (513) 825-3325. If we do not answer, listen to the message and follow the instructions to reach our emergency dispatcher.
- The Raptor Center Lobby is closed to visitors.
- All educational programs and tours (on-site and off-site) are canceled until at least April 6. Refunds will be offered.
We are taking extra safety precautions, including:
- We are practicing social distancing.
- Our team is following enhanced cleaning protocols.
- Non-essential travel has been cancelled.
- Non-essential personnel are being asked to stay home or work from home.
- Meetings, continuing education, and other events at the Raptor Center are postponed until further notice.
Prevention and awareness are important to reduce the spread of the disease:
- Stay home.
- Avoid people who are sick, and avoid going out in public if you think you might be sick.
- Call your physician if you experience a fever and respiratory issues.
- Cover your mouth and nose when you cough or sneeze.
- Regularly disinfect objects and surfaces in your home and workplace.
- Avoid touching your face, especially your eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Wash your hands often. Use soap and water, and wash for at least 20 seconds.
Thank you for your patience and understanding during this unprecedented situation. In the coming days we will be working to find ways to connect our community to the birds in our care. Please refer to our social media or our website at www.raptorinc.org for further updates.