RAPTOR Inc. is Responding to the COVID-19 Pandemic
To prevent the spread of COVID-19 and to protect our members, visitors, volunteers, and staff, RAPTOR Inc. is taking the following preventative actions:
- The Raptor Center is open with minimal staffing to accept injured/ill birds for treatment and to care for the birds residing at the facility. Call ahead for instructions before dropping off an injured bird at (513) 825-3325. If we do not answer, listen to the message and follow the instructions to reach our emergency dispatcher.
- We will start conducting educational programs on a limited basis in June, utilizing recommended procedures to prevent the spread of infection.
We are taking extra safety precautions, including:
- Any person who feels ill should stay at home.
- We are practicing social distancing.
- Our team is following enhanced cleaning protocols.
- Non-essential personnel are being asked to stay home or work from home.
- Meetings, continuing education, and other events are being conducted online when possible.
Prevention and awareness are important to reduce the spread of the disease:
- Stay home if you think you might be sick or if you think you have been exposed to the COVID-19 virus.
- Wear a face mask when in public.
- Call your physician if you experience a fever and respiratory issues.
- Cover your mouth and nose when you cough or sneeze.
- Regularly disinfect objects and surfaces in your home and workplace.
- Avoid touching your face, especially your eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Wash your hands often. Use soap and water, and wash for at least 20 seconds.
Thank you for your patience and understanding during this unprecedented situation. Please refer to our social media or our website at www.raptorinc.org for further updates.