RAPTOR Inc.’s Internship Program is designed for current college students or recent college graduates working toward a career in veterinary medicine, wildlife conservation, animal care, education, communications or non-profit management. Under the guidance and supervision of RAPTOR Inc. staff, interns will develop skills and gain valuable real-world experience in their chosen field. Internships are non-paid and no housing will be provided.
3 Non-paid Internship Sessions Available:
Spring Internships begin in January and conclude in April. Application deadline is October 31st.
Summer Internships begin in May and conclude in August. Application deadline is February 28th.
Fall Internships begin in September and conclude in December. Application deadline is June 30th.
Qualifications: Ideal candidates will have the following qualifications:
- Passionate about raptor conservation.
- At least 18 years of age and fluent in English.
- Currently enrolled as a college junior or senior majoring in a related field, a graduate student in a related field, or a recent college graduate with a related degree.
- Up to date tetanus vaccination and medical insurance.
- Valid driver’s license, car insurance and access to a vehicle.
- Able to prepare diets that include rodents, poultry, fish and insects.
- Able to lift 50 pounds.
- Able to follow directions and positively interact with staff, volunteers and the public.
- Able to work outdoors in all weather conditions during day and evening hours.
- Minimum commitment of 10 hours per week, or 150 hours during a 15-week internship session. Exact schedule will be confirmed upon appointment.
- Excellent attendance and communication.
- If interested in receiving academic credit from your accredited institution, please provide their requirements and guidelines.
- Since we deliver educational programs to groups of children, interns must be willing to submit to a background check with fingerprinting if requested.
Tasks may include, but are not limited to:
- Assisting with treatment of ill/injured birds admitted to the Raptor Center.
- Assisting with animal care duties and diet preparation.
- Assisting with daily facility and enclosure cleaning.
- Assisting with repair of perching, equipment and enclosures.
- Assisting with record keeping, marketing and fundraising activities, designing presentations and educational materials.
- Assisting with the delivery of educational programs and tours.
- Assisting with research activities and data collection.
Interested applicants should complete the online application at: Internship Application.
After completing the online application, submit a current resume, cover letter and 3 references to firstname.lastname@example.org.